Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Right Now...

I am getting amped up for summer.

Our little garden is in the ground and so far we have about a million little cucumber plants and not a pepper of any kind in sight... except the tabasco plants we bought 2 weeks ago. When we were out buying, we also picked up 8 tomato plants- 2 for our homemade upside-down, hanging planters and the other 6 for our raised bed. We are experimenting this year to see which kind of tomato is most compatible with our family.

Also this-

I've been eyeing the Smash* books for a while now. These are a great price and the embellishments and extras are perfect to go with the journal, but also for incorporating into other realms of scrapbooking. I finally decided I'd take the plunge and get one after thinking I needed something small to document our vacation and other summer adventures. And I'm so glad I did. I was hesitant because, like the rest of the world, I am notorious for buying something cool and never putting it to regular use. But, just let me tell you, this is EASY. The pages have the coolest pictures and quotes and the book comes with a pen that doubles as a glue stick! I love that the pages are already really nice looking, but if I want to extra embellishments I can. It also seems to be really sturdy. It's actually a spiral bound book once you open it up, but it is covered with a spine which I think looks much nicer and also protects the spiral from snags. We are planning on spending a lot of our time in the woods this summer and this size seems ideal and lightweight to carry. I've already created 2 pages since I bought my book last night!

Speaking of scrapbooking, I finally jumped on the Project Life train this year. I knew I would love Project Life the moment I saw the products, but I never would have thought how much! I am the type of scrapper that wants ever moment documented. I like to blame it on the little social anthropologist inside me. Does that make my scrapbooking MORE nerdy? haha Oh well. It's true. And I absolutely love Project Life. I was hoping that by starting PL I would have more time to catch up on old family photos and my random pictures of here and there. Now that I've started, I think I'd rather do a PL-type book for those as well. It's so fast and efficient. It can be as detailed or as minimal as you'd like. Did I mention I love it? I'll do my best to share some photos of what I've done so far on here. I continuously add to my spreads so I've been hesitant to share as I'm not sure I've considered any of them officially finished yet.

Only 4 1/2 more weeks of school left for us. Do you have any summer plans yet?

- BrittLeah

No comments:

Post a Comment